Memories of Ogburn Station

You're invited to share your memories and photos of Ogburn Station

e-mail Faye Jarvis Moran -

Ogburn Station
Courtesy of Forsyth County Public Library, Photograph Collection

(cannot be downloaded or reproduced in any form)

Other Ogburn Station images AND photos from Mineral Springs and Oak Summit Schools

Memories Page 2.

If you would like to correspond with the folks who have contributed to this site, please let me know. Your e-mail address can be linked to your name at the end of your posting. -- Faye Jarvis Moran

March 24, 2009. Note from Faye: You have been patient and it is much appreciated. The plan is to spend at least one hour a day working through my genealogy and Ogburn Station pages.

Ogburn Station Pharmacy Calendars courtesy of Jack Ogburn. What a great collection!

In answer to Mike Nail's question if the Styers Meat Market people were related to Dink Styers the answer is yes. They were cousins. A correction to the founding of Styers Meat Market: K. C. 's name was Ciscero Kerner and his Brother Wallace Irvin Styers was in the Founding of the Market. Younger brother Arnold Styers came into the business a few years later. The meat sold there was not only raised on the Styers farm but is was also slaughtered there for the market as well. New regulations from the Health Dept. eventually closed the slaughter house. There was a joke about K.C. and I.W. Styers Being young and in business they came up with a slogan they used for years. They both turned their first two names around on each one and formed the Initials of "IWKC" and they told everyone that it stood for "I WILL KILL COWS" to promote their business and most all thought it was witty and funny. I.W. (Irving Wallace) was my grandfather and K.C. was my great-uncle. When my grandfather left the business about the same time that brother Arnold came into the Meat Market and he (Arnold) eventually owning it after KC left the business. Also I can't think of the Lady's name right now but I knew it well. She had a business in her personal residence on Old Rural Hall Road across from where the old closed Gant Service Station is now. Everyone from miles around would come to her and have her list their property taxes each year. Remember her Faye? Note from Faye: I can't say that I do. Does anyone remember this lady's name? Douglas E. Styers

In answer to Doug's question.... Paul Worrell tells me that the "tax lady" was Grace Duggins. Her sons were Gray and Lawrence. Thanks, Paul.

You may not remember me from the Ogburn Station/Montview area...but I grew up there and have some embedded good memories that could relate to nearly everyone that has been mentioned and/or written into the Ogburn Station web site....I too, attended Mineral Springs School...and grew up around and with many of the good folks that have left their names on the site.....I was very pleased to read a message from Clara Warren Fountain, and I'm hopeful you can direct me to an Internet connection with her as she was so very Dear to me when we were classmates at Mineral Springs...I am grateful to Garvey Baugess and Monroe Lewis for directing me to this Web Site..and although I do get back to the old neighborhoods occasionally, I was not aware of the Ogburn Station web site.....I will be writing again to relate to my own experiences of the old areas...but for now,...I will wait to hopefully hear from some of these good people that have jogged my memories........... Thanks. O.T. Vernon

I just looked at your Ogburn Station site and I am impressed at the information and photographs. It is heart warning to see all the old sights and read about some of the folks from "the good old days". I appreciate your efforts and the contributions of everyone associated with your project.

I grew up on Leo Street and went to Mineral Springs. I was in your class most of the time. I was typically the class "artist" , a sometime piano player, and probably most likely to be writing "I will not talk" sentences or standing out in the hall or in the supply room. I think perhaps Jack Edwards was my only true competitor for most time in the supply room. Most of you probably don't really remember me as I quit when I was 16.

After I quit school, "Goot" Mcguire, Kent Barlow, Ronnie Willard, Butch Johnson and Gary Lee came to my home and wanted me to play the piano for their vocal group, "The Larks". We fit well as a group and ultimately did a lot of performing together, including a few "flings" at Mineral Springs High School events. Kent and I eventually joined the Air Force together. A couple of years after the Air Force I was playing the piano at the Gold Leaf Supper Club in Winston-Salem one Saturday night, when "Goot" came up to the bandstand, as a lot of guys occasionally stopped by to say hello. Goot told me that Kent Barlow was critically injured in a car accident on "Dead man's Curve". The next day I found out from Kent's mother that he died. We were good friends.

I have lived in Raleigh since 1977 when I became a field engineer for Eastman Kodak and moved here. I am retired as far as social security goes, but I am busier than ever as a freelance Technical Writer and Illustrator, and Commercial Artist. I am a widower now and I still play the piano and guitar for fun. My 20 year old daughter has eclipsed me as a classical pianist, much like my son who is 37 has eclipsed me with computer manipulation.

I am certain that is much more than you really wanted to know about me, but I just wanted to say thanks for the information on the internet, and mention that is great to know that so many of us are still around and "kicking". Ed Vernon

I grew up on Efird St. (off Glenn Ave.) but my aunt and uncle lived on Vashti Street so I got to visit them in Ogburn Station quite a lot. They were the Walkers. My brothers, Sonny, Larry & Tommy and I would play with any kids in the neighborhood that we could. That is how I met the Tuttles; Ralph and Joe. Ralph was the same age as my brother Tommy so I got to see him more.

In the old drug store on the corner was always a fun place for me to go. It seemed like there was always so much to look at. Above the drug store was a beauty salon. I remember my mom taking me there to get my first permanent and I was scared to death of the machines they used. There were long cords that had clips on the end that the hair dresser would clip onto your hair. I don't remember my mon taking me there but that one time. My brother Larry still lives on Ada (off Graystone). He and his wife have been there about 45 or 46 years. Larry walks all over Ogburn Station to anything that interests him. He mostly goes to Bernie's Lunch every day. Sonny lives in Rural Hall, Tommy died in 2003 and I live across town off Country Club Rd. Except for Tommy (who joined the navy and made a career of it) we all stayed in the area or close to it The Dine In Car was a special place. Had the best hot dogs and hamburgers in town. You can't help but think of it whenever you pass that corner.

Does anyone out there remember Larry.Craver? This is the story that I got so if it is not entirely correct, please let us know: Larry. and someone else took the activity bus from school and went to the Dine in Car to eat and while leaning across the counter, Mr White, the principal walked in. I guess Larry saw him out of the corner of his eye because he stood up and slapped Mr. White on the back and said, " Hey there, J. Hugh, what do you want on your hamburger?" We can only guess what happened after that.

I just wish that Ogburn Station could be spruced up....the memories will always be there. -- Virginia

Ralph Tuttle shared some of his photos of Ogburn Station, including Dr. Wiggins's office, Fulton's Grocery, Tap Room, Lawson's Garage and Gant Service Station. More to come. Thanks Ralph

I just read a lot about the Dine In Car, and I was reminded that it used to be Jackson's Store, which burned when I was in Miss Mildred Biles 5th grade class at Mineral Springs School. He (Jackson) had a son named Gray who was in my class,and it really was disturbing to the whole class when he came in and told us what had happened. I always loved my school and every one of my teachers....I don't think they turn out the "good teachers" now like we had back then...Thanks for your time and interest in the past .....If any of my classmates would like to contact me, my e mail address is would love to hear from some of them.....Margaret Worrell-Dunn

For those of us who remember Mary Garber, the sports journalist, and want to learn more about her, go to Mary Garber Interview. What an interesting life she had. Although we probably didn't realize it at the time, we watched history walk right past us at most of the MSHS sporting events. -- Faye Jarvis Moran

Mineral Springs school burned in 1943. However, I am not sure of the exact date. My sister, Margart Dunn graduated that year and after the building burned, they had to go to school in the gym. Graduation that year was on the football field. Before the fire, my brother, Denny Worrell and Rob Shouse were janitors there. At the back of the building, there was a chute to empty waste cans and what a joy to get to empty them since it was a long way around the buillding - it gave us a chance to get out of class. Not long after the school fire, the gym was burned and not long after that the pump house burned. A very trying time. Seems like the old timers remember? -- Paul Worrell

Update: Paul Worrel tells me the school burned February 17, 1943.

Mrs. Thomas, our high school English teacher at Mineral Springs passed away this week. I had a genuine fear and respect for Mrs. Thomas and nothing made my day better than giving the correct answer when she called on me. She would fail you in a heartbeat but she was also very, very fair. Mrs. Thomas wasn't my favorite teacher, but she was the best. -- Faye Jarvis Moran

I grew up on Oak Ridge Drive. My first job was at Paragon Food Center. Ernie Widener was the manager then. Good place to start out working. Good people. Paragon was about the only place I remember that we shopped. It’s sad to go by and see the empty building now. I used to get gas at the little Gant station in the intersection. The man who worked there was nice. The man at the other Gant station across from the airport could be grumpy and hateful. I do remember my daddy and momma getting up really early to get in line for gas there during the ‘70s though. Reich’s did the flowers for the weddings of my three sisters and me. That’s who you called when there was a funeral, too. Daddy always got his hair cut at the barbershop beside Bernie’s. I went to Prince Ibraham Elementary School and I remember the big hand washing sink outside the cafeteria where you washed your hands before getting in line for lunch. I wonder if it’s still there? I also recall that each classroom had a small bathroom in them, too. Thanks for sharing your pictures and memories – although most are a little before my time as I’m a child of the 60’s. -- Mary Stewart

My name is Butch Mitchell, I grew up on Mount Pleasant Drive, close to Ogburn Station, attended Mineral Springs, and spent my growing up years in Ogburn Station. I started off working at Fulton's Super Market in the late 50's. I worked at the Esso Station which was run by Ed Handy and D C Hoilman. Then I worked for Jack Talley's Gulf station and Ed Temple some at the Amoco station. During those years I met so many fine people whose memories I wouldn't trade for anything. Now, in my 60's, almost on a daily basis, I run into some one I met from Ogburn Station. I wouldn't trade those friendships and memories. There are times when me and my wife are out and I run into somebody and my wife says "where did you meet them In Ogburn Statiion?" Most of the time I say yes. I recognize a lot of these people that have written in and reading their stories sure brings back good memories. I'm glad some one started this website. It means a lot to those of us who grew up in Ogburn Station. Would love to hear from some friends. -- Butch Mitchell. (Faye just took a bow :)

Paul Worrell let me know that our Ogburn Station page was mentioned in the Winston Salem Journal this morning. Ralph Tuttle wrote in to give a much wanted recipe for the Dine-In-Car's cole slaw. Click here to read the article.

Doug Styers, great-nephew of Thomas Russell "Dink" Styers sent the following: Dink made most of his early money in the one armed bandits (slot machines) which he owned and placed in businesses all over Winston-Salem. As federal and local governments outlawed the gambling slots and ordered them demolished, he started the juke box, pool hall tables, and pin ball machine business along with his real estate holdings and kept expanding. He owned a lot of buildings, land, and businesses in and around Ogburn Station, some of them up until his death. Dink was a very generous person in more ways than one in his life. He did a lot and contributed a lot to Mineral Springs High School and the students (located at the corner of Motor Road and Ogburn Avenue). I attended the Old Mineral Springs school on Old Rural Hall Road and later graduated from the above high school in 1955. Arnold Styers who owned and ran the meat market at that time lived across from it and are my cousins. His wife's name was Lillian. -- Doug Styers

The man in the Sprinkle Gas Station photo is John Hampton. He is Milburn's brother and my Dad. This site has brought back many memories for me and good ones at that. My Mom Margaret worked for "Pop " and Minnie East at the dept store for 16 years. My Brother Charlie has some pictures of the Mineral Springs Fire Dept. and others around the service station to send you. The Fire Dept photos will need some help in identifying the members. I can name my Dad, Tom Davis and Robert Long. Hope their is someome who help fill in the gaps.-- Jerry and Jill Hampton. (Note from Faye: I guarantee we will try to identify any photo you or your brother can send.)

I lived on Akron Drive beside Davis barber shop - went to Oak Summit 1st thru 4th grades - lived on Chicken Farm Rd - 2nd house on left - moved to Akron Dr in 5th grade went to school at the old barracks. Shot pool at Beamers corner of Glenn Ave and Akron - was Walker Rd then - also Fleta's and Poes grocery. Remember Fred Mcdowell's garage - he just had one arm. I also drove the # 98 school bus. I worked for old Paragon grocery for Ralph Bowman for 50 cents an hour! Yes I ate all the great cheese dogs and bar-b-ques from the great places. Ogburn Station was a small city - it had it all - even friends. Thanks and I hope to read a lot more of these good memories. My wife thanks you also, now she knows I didn't make all this up - she went to Gray High. Hope to see all of you at the reunion - Saturday, Oct.18, 2008. -- Monroe (Moe) Lewis, Class of 1957.

I did not grow up in Ogburn Station, however I lived on Ada Avenue for many years. I found your website from the newspaper and have thoroughly enjoyed reading the comments everyone has written. I have not read anything about Dover Hoilman's garage, or Harry Morris and One Hour Martinizing, or Harry Leake, Sr. and Jr. who ran the Gulf Station, Ralph Knott or Dub Dodson. Glenn Fox ran the Shoe Shop and Fred Wood the Tap Room. Ed Handy ran the Esso Service Station, Dick Webster was in with Ed Temples at the Amoco and Dick's brother died in a fire at the station while working on a car. Frank Leonard shot a lot of pool at Fleta's, How about Fred McDowell who had a garage on Glenn Avenue and Poe's Store on Efird Street. There is just so many memories to write about and I will write again. -- Sidney D. Welch

My older brother Wayne and I grew up on Tise Avenue. My Aunt Blumie Boyles and cousin Jimmy lived just down the street from me. Also on Tise were the Owen twins, (Larry and Lanny). When I began school at Mineral Springs, I was in the old "barracks". When I was 13 (8th grade), Dad and Mom (Stokes and Louise Redding) built a house on Ogburn Avenue, at the bottom of the hill, across from the school.

In the summer, I would push-mow yards for 25 cents a yard, and pick blackberries and sell them. When I was 9, along came my little sister, Kay. Wayne and I were close - - - fighting like brothers do, competing at home for attention and playing football at Mineral Springs. He was 2 years ahead of me in school and all the teachers expected me to be as studious and mannerly as Wayne was. They soon found out Don was not at all like his brother! That same year, me and Wayne started working a paper route on our bicycles - - - no telling how many miles we peddled all over our neighborhood and through Montview.

I would go around to collect money for the newspaper on Thursday. Several on my route would leave the money for me in a particular place on their front porch. It was always there. The Tuckers would be frying chicken for supper, and I thought they must be rich because eating meat in the middle of the week. We only had meat on Sunday. We ate a lot of Pintos. Mama would fix a big pot and we ate them till they were gone.

Later, we rode in Jim Bailey's car and threw out the papers. We got real good at landing them just where we wanted to. We kept that paper route for 7 or 8 years years. I worked downtown at the Winston Theater for several years after that.

In the winter when it snowed, we would wait for the school officials to come by to inspect the roads to see if we'd have school the next day, then we'd go to the top of the hill above my house and use the neighbors' water hoses to water down Ogburn Ave. and all us kids would sled down the hill for hours - - - until someone would call the police. It was a l-o-n-g ride down that hill, and such great fun!

There were poker games at Pulliams in a back room on Friday nights that only a few were invited to.

Fleta's - - - when I worked 3rd shift at Merita's Bakery on Liberty St., I would take a loaf of fresh baked bread before it was sliced to Fletas and she would bring out some fresh country butter and we would eat the whole loaf for breakfast. Man, that was good!

Once Fleta saw Mr. White pull up in his car across the street, and some of us boys were there having skipped school. She told us boys we "better git out back" and when Mr. White came looking for us, no one was there but Fleta. And yes! I saw that gun she kept with her! Fleta looked after us wayward boys and wouldn't stand for no trouble.

All us boys around Mineral Springs area played together on those long hot summer afternoons and when it was suppertime, our parents would honk their car horns for us to come home. All of us knew the sound of our family's car horn.

Ogburn Station was a great place to grow up and I have many childhood memories of good times!

Don Redding

I'm an outsider. Didn't go to school at Mineral Springs and didn't live in Ogburn Station, but that was real familiar territory to me as a child. It was a special delight to read this article and the postings. It brought back so many good memories. I had an aunt and uncle (Horace and Ruby Semones) and cousins (Dean and Mike - - - and latter, little Vivian) who lived on Oak Summit Rd. Dean and Mike played football at Mineral Springs and years later, Vivian was a cheer leader there in Jr. High in '69-'70. Dean and Mike and I spent our summers playing "cowboys and Indians" in Aunt Ruby's yard and woods. We spent a lot of time together and we were in and around Ogburn Station for many years.

Mama shopped at Paragon, we ate at Bell Brothers, and it was such a treat when Daddy would take us "all the way over" (from Old Towne) to Pulliams for a hot dog! NOBODY made hot dogs like Pulliams!

I married Don Redding, and I've heard him tell so many tales about the mischievous things he got into at Mineral Springs that I feel like I know all those he "ran with" and all the "stuff" they got into. He told me that Mr. White said after their class graduated, the next year it seemed like Jackson Training School around there!

I thought it so unusual that Don had many of the same teachers his Mom had in school!

Loved your article! And I too remember from the 50's that rickety looking bridge walk over the railroad tracks.

Phyllis Pfaff Redding (Northwest '58)

What a great site. I have enjoyed going through the postings. Now I would like to add a few of my own. My mother, Willie Ann (Shouse) Wiles, graduated from Mineral Springs, class of 1928. She told me that J. Hugh White came to MS as principal the year before. He was still principal when I graduated in 1960 and remained (I think) until the last class in 1963. Please attach my e-mail address as I would like to contact Louise (Fowler) Edwards about her brother "Honeybee". -- Jerry Wiles.

Happy 4th to you! My name is Heather Hampton. My husband Charlie, was looking at the paper this morning, and found the website about Ogburn Station in the 50's and 60's. We were talking about trying to find some pictures. My husband is Charles Hampton, and he is the son of John and Margaret Hampton. John is listed as one of the volunteers from Mineral Springs Fire Dept. He passed away at the age of 50 in 1979. Margaret worked at East Dept Store, and is still living with us in Rural Hall. Milburn, Clarence, and Ralph Hampton are my husband's uncles, and the Mr. and Mrs. Hampton that ran Sprinkle gas station were his grandparents. I just wanted to write you a short note, and let you know that we'll be looking for some pictures. I'm sure Margaret must have some somewhere. We'll see what we can find for you. -- Heather Hampton

I just read about your website the the Winston-Salem Journal and couldn't wait to look it up. It is absolutely fantasic and what a trip back in time. There was a mention of Williams' Grocery which I remember very well. We lived on Pine View Drive and drove past it on the way to Ogburn Station very often. My mother would buy us cokes there for less than a dime. We went to church at Pleasant View Baptist (right off Rural Hall Road). Blake Ferguson was our insurance agent. Jamie Wilkes and family were neighbors. The Stouts lived in the first house on our street.

Of course who doesn't remember Bell Bros., the Dine-In-Car, watching planes take off at the airport, and the pharmacy where my mother would buy chocolate flavored castor oil which she assured all of her children would cure anything from an in-grown toenail to an ear infection (ugh!). I was raised a chicken farm and my father sold eggs at Fulton's Grocery. One of my brothers shot pool at Fleta's (Norman, aka "Honeybee" was quite a pool shark I understand)! Breakfast at Bernie's was always a treat (wonderful tenderloin biscuits).

Years at Mineral Springs High School (with good friends Carol (Mote) Phillips, Carolyn (Stafford) Blackburn and Gary McInnis are remembered as some of the best. Mr. White and Mr. Wood will always be remembered as well as Mrs. Furches (shorthand and typing), Mr. Dyer (bookkeeping and Mrs. Thomas (English). A lot of the boys had a crush on Miss Tysinger and were disappointed when she was married and left MSHS. Mrs. Carroll was always my nightmare because I never did well in her class. Mr. Sims (math) and many more are remembered. I still live in Winston-Salem and occasionally drive through Ogburn Station, but everything has changed and changed again. The meat market, the "Law-Yer" sign of Dan Frazier, the hardware store, the barbershop, Paragon and so many more. I know you're tired of reading all this, but just had to let you know how delighted I am that you have taken the time to record so much information. It is truly priceless and is being added to my "favorites" list so I can can continue to read it from time to time. It is a wonderful trip down memory lane. -- Louise (Fowler) Edwards

I have a lot of memories also of the area. I was surprised no one mentioned the "Blue Eagle" bus which ran out of the big city and stopped in Ogburn Station. That was our only public transportation to the big city. I cooked those ten cent hot-dogs and dipped ice cream on Sundays for JP (John Pulliam) for two years while a junior and senior at MS. On an average Sunday it was not unusual for us to make well over 100 dozen hot-dogs ! I cannot begin to tell you how many large cones of ice cream were served, out front. We made the ice cream right there in John's place. -- Tom Cheek

In 1955, when I was six years old my father George Salmons built and operated Eagle Curb market in Ogburn Station. It was located between Mr. Lawson's body shop and Mr. Jennings' roller mill. Dad said he bought two used carports from Clyde Myers and put them on the lot. He called the place Eagle Curb Market. My father operated the curb market for approximately three years.

My father is now 82 years old and he does not remember who he sold it to or who he rented the lot from. I remember Dad talking about how many cold melons he sold on hot summer weekends. Some time in the late 70's a car ran the stop sign located directly in front of the curb market and then ran straight across the street and through the market. The market was then torn down. -- Jimmy Salmons

This is a wonderful site and brings back many memories. Mom loved to go the East Department.....we would walk through the woods from Tise Ave. to Cayuga St. to get there. I ride thru the neighborhood occasionally to see the not so good changes that have occurred. I have lots of good memories from the 1950's. We should have another school reunion. Thanks for your hard work to keep this site going! -- Clara Warren Fountain, Siloam, NC

I remember a lot about Ogburn Station, I grew up there in the 70's, it was the best. My parents, Ronnie & Brenda Page, Dad has passed away, but Mom still lives in Winston. Both sets of grandparents lived at Ogburn Station, Crosby & Thelma Page lived right behind Pulliams BBQ, and C.W. & Mary Woody lived diagonally from the Paragon. Growing up we just cut through the woods to see them. I've ate many, many hotdogs & bbq's from Pulliams (it's an aquired taste). There wasn't anything better after a ballgame in the summer then a cone of ice cream at Dymonts. You couldn't find a better tenderloin biscuit then Bernie's, still love 'em today. Not to mention supper from Bell Brothers Cafeteria, back then 1 plate would feed 3 of us. I remember my cousins & I could watch the Blue Angels air show on top of the shopping center that was built across from Papaw & Mamaw. When we were little and running around the yard don't let the fire siren go off, it was hard telling who made more noise, us or the siren. My grandparents have all passed away now, and so have a lot of good friends, but Ogburn Station still holds memories of my youth and coming back every so often makes me smile. -- Cindy (Page) Honeycutt

Great fun to read all this history about the place. My early memories, from about 70 years ago, include the fact that my grandfather C.B. (Buddy) Day delivered buttermilk and butter to some folks in Ogburn Station on his way to north Winston. His customers were, as I recall, on Cayuga Street (not sure of the spelling). He also got his hair cut in town, but I don't recall the barber's name. He was on the second floor, across the street from today's Jack Coe barbershop. -- John Church

Reuben and Richard Tally, grandfather and father of Jack Tally, Sr., operated a garage next to Bud Young's Cleaners - probably in the mid 1900s. It is a brick building and still stands. Jack Tally, Sr. owned a service station (Esso) and later the Gulf on the corner across from Ed Flynt's (Pulliams). Also Jack owned the garage in the DarlaDon Shopping Center along with Ray Caudle (Cecil Caudle's brother). Before that Ray owned and operated the Paragon Food Market. Cecil Caudle built the shopping center. Billy Tally, Bill Davis, and Bob Mac Wilkerson worked for Jack Tally on weekends from college at UNC. Tom Styers was a dentist on Old Rural Hall Road, son of Dink Styers and brother of Bob Styers who recently passed away. I loved ole Ogburn Station and my children did too. Thanks for letting me share my memories. -- Rene Farine Grubbs Tally Martel.

Up until 1943 when my mother passed away, we always had pigs and a cow. In the winter time we had to buy hay for the cow and we bought it in Ogburn Station. As you came over the bridge form the airport, on the right at the foot of the bridge, there was a grocery store called, FULTONS, where we used to go for hay for our cow and also groceries. There was a man that worked there by the name of Simon Merritt - possibly too long ago for many to remember. A good place to trade. -- Paul Worrell

Two Barber Shops

I worked for Mr. Jordan at his barber shop after school and on Saturday's. This was after he moved to the DarlaDon Shopping Center. My duties were to sweep the hair off the floor, shine shoes and there were showers in the back that he would charge people to take showers. I had to keep them clean and keep clean towels and soap in them. My salary was $2.00 a week and free hair cuts when needed and showers. Since we didn't have indoor plumbing at home the water coming out of the wall in the showers was like being in the garden of eden. The salary wasn't much but for a twelve year old in 1951 I thought I was rich. -- Ralph Tuttle.

A Mr Jordan had a barber shop across the street from the Davis Barber Shop. In later years Mr. Jordan relocated to the Darladon Shopping Center about 1952/3. -- Ralph Tuttle.

My Dad had his hair cut at Davis Barbershop for years and years. - Faye Jarvis Moran

Crews ran the barber shop until Tom Davis took it over. Then later, Dallas Davis ran until his death. Dallas also worked on the tobacco Market as a buyer. - Jack Ogburn

James B. Crews, the barber, and his wife Bessie lived with my grandparents when he was a barber. I understood that he had a barber shop across the street from the Davis Barber Shop. - Jerry Dodson

There WAS a barber shop across the street from Davis Barber Shop - my brother had his hair cut there. - Faye Jarvis Moran

Tom Davis Barber Shop - me, my dad and my older brother all went together on Saturday morning and waited our turn for Tom or Dallas to cut our hair. - Mike Nail

Bea's Beauty Shop

Got my first perm there. Bea had those big machines with wires hanging down. It's a wonder I have any hair. Bea was a great personality. She reminded me of Lucille Ball, redheaded and lots of laughter. The shop was located over Ogburntown Pharmacy. - Faye Jarvis Moran

The Pig and Bell Brothers Cafeteria

In 1962 before it was named Bell Brothers it was named York Restaurant owned by a Mr. Hopkins. My Father and Mother worked there. -- Ralph Tuttle.

I remember going to the Paragon with my parents. And my family used to eat together after church on Sundays at Bell Brothers. -- Bonnie Martin Godsey

Thanks to Robert Jones we now have information on the history of the Bell Brothers Cafeteria. First, there was "The Three Little Pigs" restaurant owned and operated by Paul Myers. This is the restaurant that I refer to below as "The Pig." After the Pig came Manuel's Restaurant and then Bell Brother's opened.

I was one of the first carhops hired by Paul Myers at The Pig. Garland Brooks got me the job. I was 15 years and it was 1955. I remember because I didn't have my driver's license yet. I got them in 1956. Ogburn Station holds a lot of fond memories for me. I go thru there several times a week and it hasn't changed all that much. It's still easily recognized. -- Wayne Fulp

Someone said this restaurant opened in 1948 but I don't remember it being there that early. I do remember that when I was in high school around 1959 or 1960 there was "The Pig" and later at the same location the now legendary Bell Brothers opened. The line to get into Bell Brothers was always long but worth the wait for the home-style cooked food. It continues to operate today. - Faye Jarvis Moran

I remember when they moved there. (Mid 60's I think.) They were originally on the corner of Liberty and Second St downtown (I think.) - Mike Nail

Bernie's Lunch

It (this page) brought back memories I had long forgotten as I read your articles about the place. I grew up on Akron Drive and my Uncle and Aunt J.R. and Maude Wilkinson and another Aunt Hattie Wilkinson ran Wilkinson's Grocery and the resturant where Bernies is long before Bernies ever came into business. All of the nephews worked our turns in the grocery store. I was there for 3 years every Saturday and then 6 days a week in the summers. We would have grocery orders called in and I would gather up the orders, putting them in bushel peach baskets and load them on the pickup truck and delivering them to the homes. Uncle Ross ran a tab for these customers and they would come in at the end of the month and pay their grocery bill. We sold everything from homemade sausage to fuel oil. I got paid $6 for working on Saturday and $25 for working all week.(plus all I could eat) Golly that doesn't sound like much but I remember buying gas for $.13 a gallon in 1957. I remenber when we would run out of some cut of meat I was sent across the street to "Dink" Styers meat market to buy more. -- Bob Wilkinson

They had the best tenderloin and gravy in town. Old-timers gathered there for breakfast and lunch. - Faye Jarvis Moran and Dale Jarvis Moorefield

I didn't go in much but I remember it was good. - Mike Nail

Sam Bates Grocery

Nellie Bates sold Bates Grocery in 1978 then it became S&H Grocery owned by a friend of mine and his wife. In 1983 they sold out to another person and they were there for about a year and Bernie's lunch took over and expanded their customer sitting area as it remains today in 2008. -- Ralph Tuttle. I went in every chance I got because they had a daughter (Gaynell) who was a "looker." - Mike Nail


The old bridge was beautiful. Anyone have any photos? I found one! Coming soon. - Faye Jarvis Moran


Anyone who has a photograph of the old Dine-In-Car, please let us know. Just about everyone that has written wants a copy! -- Faye Jarvis Moran

I worked at the Dine-In Car in 1954 and 1955 on the corner of Akron Drive (then Walker Road) and Liberty Street . They had the best toasted hot dogs in town for 15 cents each or $1 for a dozen. The Dine-In Car was run by Elam George and his son Jimmy. It had other owners after that. Everyone from Mineral Springs school would go there, especially after ball games. I was a curb hop and started out at 30 cents an hour and worked up to 60 cents an hour... wow! That was a penny a minute, plus tips. I made about 15 dollars a week which wasn't bad. On Saturdays and Sundays people would line up in their cars, along Liberty Street and watch the airplanes land and take off from the airport. The airport owned the land north of the runway which included a black cemetery that was relocated else where. There was a creek that ran through it and someone dammed it up and it made a small pond and us boys would go swimming on a hot summer day. The dam was made out of discarded tombstones. That was wierd. One day an airplane came over and took a picture of us boys swimming in the buff. A few days later, the picture was in the newspaper. That was around 1946 or 47. There was a lot of good times around Ogburn Station. -- Jack Chambers

The Dine In Car was owned by Sid Williams and John Hutchins. Kermit McGee worked there and he later opened Kermit's Hot Dog House in Waughtown and is still in operations today. I worked at the Dine In Car as a curb hop and my other duties were to make the hamburger patties and cole slaw and clean the kitchen. Salary .60 cents an hour plus tips. The tips were better than the salary and I want to thank all of you that went there for the great tips. -- Ralph Tuttle.

Famous for their toasted hot dogs. - Dale Jarvis Moorefield

I loved going to the Dine-in-Car and The Pig after ballgames (with my sweetie then, Wayne Choplin). I have many memories of both places. We were both in the band and I was a majorette, so we have great memories of those places and band trips to the Azalea Festival, etc. -- Bonnie Martin Godsey

Best cheeseburgers ever. Never wanted to see the kitchen though. - Faye Jarvis Moran


Dink's and Ralph's Place
Ralph Wallace and Dink Styers owned and operated Dink and Ralph's Restaurant for some time in a brick store on "Main Street" - ha! It was located near Bernies. They (Dink and Ralph) also had the best hotdogs! - -- Rene Farine Grubbs Tally Martel.

My Aunt Virginia Hall told me about this restuarant last year! She even rememberd Ralph Wallace's name. I didn't post it then because I wasn't sure she was right. I should have known better - her memory is in much better than mine ever was. -- Faye Jarvis Moran

Dodson Plumbing

What can I say - you called them when you needed them. - Faye Jarvis Moran

Dodson Plumbing was in the area of the Cleaners and on the same side of street as Fletas Pool Hall (aka Dock Shields Grocery). - Faye Jarvis Moran and Jerry Dobson

Earl Dodson who owned and operated Dodson Plumbing learned plumbing at R. J. Reynolds. While he was working at Reynolds he also ran a pool room in the little brick store that belonged to my Granny Dodson. I would open the pool room every afternoon when I got out of school. Of course I could not sell beer but people could shoot pool. When Earl became experienced enough he opened the Plumbing Shop and then he was too busy to keep the pool room. There were several businesses in the little brick building and finally my dad quit working for Benton Electrical Company and went into Dodson Electric Company and used the little brick building. When Earl died in May 1993 his son, Philip, ran the business. - Jerry L. Dodson

Dymott's Ice Cream (almost in Ogburn Station)

Best banana ice cream ever made - bar none! - Faye Jarvis Moran

I have some of the fondest memories of my parents taking us to Dymott’s on the way to or the way home from my “Granny and Paw Paw’s house”. I remember that great big board with the ‘ice cream menu’ on it - and I think it had drawings of a little boy in overalls and a girl in a red? dress…. My brother and I loved their snow cones! - Addie Fletcher Dodson.

Always liked the ice cream at the Drug store and Dymotts. We were members of New Hope Baptist Church which was just up the street. Thomas G. Petree (Mineral Springs Class 63).

Fleta's Pool Hall - AKA Dock Shields Grocery

Shields Family Page

Gerald Johnson wrote recently that his grandfather, Andrew Clime Johnson, was a blacksmith and operated his business in the same building which later became Fleta's Pool Hall. (Note from Faye: Now that is an interesting piece of history! Who would have thought that Fleta's Pool Hall had been a blacksmith's shop! According to information found on census records, Mr. Johnson was shoeing horses in 1900!)

Ever hear the song Where the Boys Are? Well, this is the place where the boys went. My brother Larry hung out in Fleta's to shoot pool. Don't know of anything else he did there. As far as I know, Fleta was the only woman allowed. - Faye Jarvis Moran

It's true the boys did hang out at Fleta's. And it was the first place that J. Hugh White went looking for them when they didn't show up for school. - Rob Jones

Fleta was the daughter of Anderson "Dock" Shields. - Jack Ogburn

Fleta walked around the pool hall with a canary on her shoulder. It was rumored she carried a gun in her apron. - Larry D. Jarvis

I was too young to be allowed in, but I used to hang around outside sometimes if there was a lot of activity. She did let me come in once and I racked pool balls for a nickel a game. I also heard the rumors about the pistol in her apron. - Mike Nail

I brought my old hunting buddy, Bill Collins, to shoot pool one time in the '60s. Bill, who was from Robbinsville, NC, took everyone's money. - Larry D. Jarvis

Fox Shoe Shop

I could sit for hours and watch Charlie fix shoes.(mostly because he would let me smoke cigarettes). I was just a kid. - Mike Nail

Located next to Ogburntown Pharmacy.

Gift and Sports Shop

My grandfather, James Henry "Doc" Allen ran a plumbing business next door to the old Paragon just as you come across the bridge. He retired from the business in the late 50's and built a building next to the plumbing store. He sold that which later became a "beer joint", can't remember the name, then opened a sporting goods/toy store located between the drug store and the barber shop. As a kid I helped him on Saturdays for which he paid me a whole 2 dollars and all the sodas I could drink from Bates Grocery. And yes GayNell Bates was a looker. She and I were the same age. Pulliams BBQ is still the best, Dymott's will always be #1 in my book for ice cream although Pulliams' chocolate ice cream was terrific. I haven't been through there in years as I have moved away from WS long ago. What is there now where the old Sprinkle Gas station used to be. Photo of Sonny and Grandfather outside gift shop. - Chesley T. "Sonny" Austin

I lived close to Ogburn station from 1949 to 1960. My Grandfather owned a sporting goods store a few shops down from the pharmacy. His name was Henry James Allen, I think everyone called him Doc. I don't remember how many years he ran the store but I remember waiting for the bus to come in the mornings and buying candy from his store with my school mates. Only I didn't have to pay for mine. Just go through the motions of paying. Before that my grandpa and Father and his two brothers ran a plumbing business in a building in Ogburn accross the street from the pharmacy. They did new construction plumbing. The name of the company was J.H. Allen & Sons Plumbing Co. It was operated in the 1950s. I believe they sold out about 1959 or 60. - Wayne Allen

Hill's Lexington BarBQ (almost in Ogburn Station)

I remember Mr. and Mrs. Hill, the original owners of Hill's. Gene Hill took over from his parents and now "Slugger" and his sister (Gene's children) are running the place and it's still the first stop when I get to Winston Salem. I love that they still call me "Miss Jarvis." My brother Larry was one of their first car hops. There was a little house/shed he sat in while waiting for customers to drive up and give their orders. - Faye Jarvis Moran

Slugger Hill says you can call him at Hill's and they'll ship your BarBQ to you. I don't know if they can ship the banana pudding, but they should. The number to call is 336-767-2184. They take Master Card or Visa. Or you can e-mail Slugger at

My cousin Jerry (on my dad's side) is a truck driver and comes to WI every week. He brought me a gallon of Hill's BBQ after Christmas. Thomas G. Petree -

When I left Winston Salem 2 weeks ago, I brought home a gallon of BBQ from Hill's, along with their BBQ cole slaw! My neighbors here in Virginia were waiting for me because they know I always share! That same morning, before I left WS, I had their country ham with red-eyed gravy and homemade biscuits for breakfast! Um-Um! - Faye Jarvis Moran

Ideal Sea Food

I don't remember this fish market - but it's in a photo from the '60s. Helen Royall Rose remembers the fish market - maybe because she worked next door! - Faye Jarvis Moran

Jennings Mill

Mineral Spring Fire Department

From out west somewhere, Jack Tally, Sr. drove the first fire truck that Ogburn Station ever owned. He was the first chief and stayed on the job for years. Dink Styers, Jack Tally and Tom Davis, along with many other residents, were instrumental in getting the first truck . There are pictures of this exciting event somewhere. - Rene Farine Grubbs Tally Martel.

Jack Tally was a volunteer fire fighter along with Blake Ferguson. -- Robyn (Tally) Martin

We must not forget the Mineral Springs Fire Department and the Volunteer Fire Fighters that worked so hard on the behalf of all the people in the Mineral Springs and the Ogburn Station District. -- Ralph Tuttle

Paul Worrell and his brother Elton Worrell were volunteers.

Some of the volunteers on the fire department was Blake Ferguson, Tom Davis, Milburn Hampton and his brother John Hampton. -- Ralph Tuttle

Anyone have photos taken at the fire department? Who were the other volunteers? Let me hear from you if you have information to share. -- Faye Jarvis Moran

Mineral Springs High School

Photos of Mineral Springs events and students, circa 1921-1958

Bob Craft (Class of '52) reminds us that before the Mineral Springs "Bulldogs" we were called the "Green Wave." Thanks!

THE Larks! -- I finally remembered the name of the group that performed during assembly and at pep-rallys at Mineral Springs High. Butch Johnson and Kent Barlow sang with the group - who are the other two boys? I remember them singing A White Sport Coat and a Pink Carnation and thought they were the best. No kidding, these kids could sing! Anyone have a photo of the group? -- Faye Jarvis Moran

I think the one of the names you might be looking for - a person who sang with Kent Barlow in that band may be Jim (Goot) McGuire - the same guy who eventually started the "King Bees"? He graduated with me in 1960, and we were both on the Reunion Planning Committee about 10 yrs ago. -- Bonnie Martin Godsey (Thanks, Bonnie. Faye D.)

Ronnie Willard was also a member of this group. -- Larry Rhodes

Mineral Springs Elementary and Mineral Spring High is where I went to school along with others who lived near Ogburn Station. J. Hugh White was the principal. Favorite teacher, Mrs. Ellison. I have nothing but good memories. Really enjoyed making kids and the teachers laugh. (Wittiest, class of '61). - Faye D Jarvis Moran

Dodson Grocery/Moser Grocery

Moser Grocery was located in the little brick store that was built by my Grandfather William Hardie Dodson. It was Dodson Grocery until my grandfather died in 1933. Then Robert L. Moser took over the grocery store and rented it from my grandmother who lived in the big two story house behind the brick store. Robert L. Moser's wife, Mamie, was the niece of my grandfather. She lived with my grandparents before marrying Mr. Moser. My grandfather's first store was and old wooden building in the area of where Fulton's grocery store was. I think he sold it and built the brick store. - Jerry Dodson

Ogburntown Pharmacy

I worked at the drug store as a soda jerk and delivery driver for Mr. Richardson. Walter Mcknight worked there also. When I quit, my cousin Sarah Tuttle took over my job at the soda fountain. I don't know who took over the delivery job. --
Ralph Tuttle. A white-haired man by the name of Joe Richardson worked there, maybe he owned the place. Nice man, nice store. - Faye Jarvis Moran

(Was it called Ogburntown pharmacy?) Would get a cherry smash or cherry coke at the soda fountain and sit on the floor and read the comic books I couldn't afford to buy. - Mike Nail

Note to Mike: Yes, it was Ogburntown Pharmacy. Like you, I was surprised at the name - in my mind it was Ogburn Station Drugstore. But I have a photo from the 60s that shows otherwise. - Faye

I loved their cherry cokes! - Pennie Jarvis Fletcher

I worked at the soda fountain and after I got my driver's license I delivered orders that were called in. Back in those days we delivered prescriptions and anything else the drugstore sold. David Snow worked there too. - Larry D. Jarvis.

I worked the soda fountain along with my friend, Sarah Tuttle. One hot summer day we sold $150 worth of ice cream and milk shakes. We probably served 100 people that day. I was bone tired. We also sold a lot of Bromo Seltzers. David Snow was the delivery boy. - Helen Royall Rose

Ogburn Station General Store/Hardware/East Department Store

Minnie East ran the clothing store across the street for ages and everyone shopped there, especially on Christmas Eve. We won't mention any names. -- Rene Farine Grubbs Tally Martel. (Note: This one made me laugh out loud - sounds like Jack Tally shopped for his (now ex-) wife at East's Department Store. Now, really, what did we expect them to do - go donwtown to J. C. Penny's or Mother and Daughter's? I don't think so. -- Faye Jarvis Moran

I remember buying clothes and other items from East department store in Ogburn Station . I still have a dress my dad purchased there for my tenth birthday. -- Jane Whiteheart Rosenquist.

I bought a "vintage side table" there over 40 years ago for $10. I've seldom had guests who didn't ask where I found it. Does anyone remember the name of the man who ran this store? - Faye Jarvis Moran

Paul Williams was the name of the man that owned the hardware store in Ogburn (Station) "aka" Town. G..R. Sheek worked for him for a lot of years. In 2007 Paul Williams's estate was auctioned off in Rural Hall, NC. The advertisement for the auction read, in part, as follows: "Vintage story-and-half brick home w/basement on serene secluded setting - discover "country in the city"! Loaded with pristine antiques and high-end furnishings, collectibles, accents, and accessories! Being sold to settle the Estate of the late Paul Williams - owner and proprietor of the Ogburn Station Hardware Store for nearly 40 years! No junk in this one! Only the best money could buy! " -- Ralph Tuttle.

The general/hardware store was run by O. C. East. In later years G. R. Sheek ran the hardware store. G. R. came to Mineral Springs when the Oldtown High School closed. - Jack Ogburn

I didn't know East's ran the hardware store - only remember them running the department store. (When) Mr. East died and Mrs. East married Mr. Martin. They lived in a big house on the corner of Old Walkertown Road and Lane Street beside Pulliams. I used to cut their grass. - Mike Nail

Pace/Gant/Sprinkle Gas Stations

Photo of Sprinkle Gas Station

A Mr.and Mrs. Hampton ran Sprinkle gas Station and their son Milburn R. Hampton took over and ran sprinkle gas station for years until he retired. A Mr. Sprinkle owned the station and owned four other gas stations located in the Greensboro North Carolina area. Milburn lived on Newport Street until his death a couple of years ago. -- Ralph Tuttle.

The site where the Gant Gas Station was originally the Wiley Westmoreland General Store. I have a photo of my grandfather Thomas William (Babe) Walker on a horse drawn wagon with the Westmorelands in front of the store. -- James Conrad Hunter

There was a beer joint beside the Sprinkle station for a while. I remember seeing a guy laying in the middle of Liberty St one night dead. He had been cut up with a hawk-bill knife in the beer joint. - Mike Nail

The beer joint between Sprinkle Gas Station and the bridge was named the Tap Room. J.R. Weaver was killed there by a man and his son; the son held him while the dad cut him with a hawk bill knife. He bled to death instantly. A death caused over a woman. -- Ralph Tuttle

They had the old fashioned gas pumps and I remember the smell. I think the gas was .25c. - Faye Jarvis Moran

Paces gas station changed names and owners several times again. At some point was the Gant Station. - Jack Ogburn

Phillips 66 Gas Station - where the bank is now. Amoco Station beside the 66 station in what is now the bank parking lot. Ed Temples ran it till he got in a little trouble and had to go away for a while. David Snow worked for him (I think till he died). Esso Station - what is now army/navy store. Run by Mr. Holloman ( I think) and later by Paul Pennington I used to work for him pumping gas and washing cars. - Mike Nail

The Esso station was owned by Mr. Hollomon. His son James was a year older than me and we were neighbors. I used to wash cars there with James and Jim Bowman. - Thomas G. Petree

Page's Sporting Goods

(Ronnie Page - not Bill Page) - anyone remember this one? They weren't there for long. During their grand opening they gave away 2 tickets to see the Redskins and Green Bay Packers at Bowman Gray Stadium - and I won them! I've been a Skins fan ever since. - Mike Nail

The Pig

Where the Mineral Springs Bulldogs gathered after a football game. It became the legendary Bell Brothers Cafe which is now run by their sons. - Faye Jarvis Moran

The Original Paragon Grocery

This building set between the bridge and the Sprinkle gas station. Ralph Bowman ran it - don't know if this was before he merged with the Lanier Brothers at Grandview and Mt Tabor or not. - Mike Nail

Paragon Grocery moved here when J.C. Caudle built the new shopping center. Anyone remember the name of the shopping center? He named it after his 2 children, Darla and Don - the DarlaDon Shopping Center They lived in the brick rancher on the corner of Old Rural Hall and Baux Mtn (Child care ctr now). My older brother dated Darla a few times. I think everyone growing up in Ogburn Station worked for Mr and Mrs. Bowman as a bag boy, cashier, stock boy or something. Almost everyone I know worked there at one time or another. - Mike Nail

Pulliams BarBQ - Big Ed's Hot Sauce

Pulliams BarBQ Photo - 2007

Thanks to Mark Flynt, "Big Ed's" son, we have a unique look at the past. Hot Dogs for 5 cents and a photo of the old railroad overpass.

Pulliam's, now Big Ed's, had the most wonderful chili powder they made their hamburgers with. They furnished Mt. Pleaant Methodist Church on Walkertown Road for their delicious suppers. People came from far and wide. I still have some of that powder that Ed gave me! -- Rene Farine Grubbs Tally Martel.

I remember going with my Dad to Pulliam's BBQ one Saturday and, about the time we pulled in, the train hit a car. He told me NOT to get out of the car, and he ran across the road to see how bad the person in the car was hurt. When he opened the door, the person had been decapitated, and you can imagine what happened when he opened the car door! And I did not listen to him so I saw it all too! Scared me half to death! That is something you cannot ever erase from your mind's eye! -- Bonnie Martin Godsey

Pulliams Barbecue opened in 1910 and remains in the same location on Walkertown Road. But it was "Big Ed" Flynt who developed the unique bbq sauce. Big Ed bought the business from his cousin, John Pulliam in 1958 and now Big Ed's children operate this famous landmark just outside of Ogburn Station. My mother and sister loved those hot dogs, barbeques and ice cream. - Faye Jarvis Moran

Best ice cream! - Cleo McBride

Could write a book about Pulliams - remember old Mr Pulliam a little. My brother and I used to clean up the parking lot for a drink and a hot dog. I remember the ice cream box out front. Sunday afternoons people would line up to the road for the best ice cream in the free world. Remember Mr. Else Cummings trimming the hamburger buns edges so they would be square. Remember watching Big Ed cook pig in the house out back. - Mike Nail

I tried to find Ogburn today as my wife and I went to Forsyth Memorial Park to pick up the wreaths we put out at Christmas but were not able to find it. We live in Churchland and I just can't remember the way there. I was thinking of getting one of those BBQs. - Wayne Allen

RailRoad Overpass

Built in 1928. Torn down in 1982.

The overpass going over the Railroad tracks to Lansing Drive - I used to sit up there and wait for the train to come so we could throw rocks at it. Also went down on the tracks and put pennies on them so the train would smash them. - Mike Nail

Reich's Flower Shop

An institution - two of the nicest people in the world. - Mike Nail

Viola Reich still runs a florist on Walkertown Road and White Rock Road. She was in the shopping center for a long time and everybody bought their flowes from her and Lester. -- Rene Farine Grubbs Tally Martel.

Every flower I've ever ordered for the last 40 years came from Reich's Flower Shop. - Dale Jarvis Moorefield -

Styers Meat Market

The Styers Meat Market was founded in 1912 by my grandfather, Kerner Ciscero (K.C.) Styers, who was a son of Charles Styers and Melissa Hester. He ran the meat market along with his brother, Arnold Styers, who took over the market in the 1970s. Most of the pork and beef sold in the meat market was raised on the Styers farm. -- Conrad James Hunter

Just about everyone bought their meat at Styers Meat Market. I remember the link-hotdogs in the casings, wrapped in white butcher paper. - Faye Jarvis Moran

The meat market was run by the butcher, Arnold Styers. - Jack Ogburn

Didn't go in there much (was too young) but I remember the Styers buying groceries at Paragon when I was a bag boy there. Does anyone know if these Styers were kin to "Dink" Styers? - Mike Nail

Ralph Wallace and T. R. "Dink" Styers ran a hamburger/hot dog joint before the drug store opened. - Virginia Clark Hall

Van-Wade Grocery

There was a little hole-in-the-wall grocery store beside the dept store. I don't remember the name but I remember going in there quite often. (If Gaynell wasn't working.) - Mike Nail

Young's Cleaners

Photo Thank you Ralph Tuttle.

Return to the Jarvis Family Homepage

If you have reached us from or another cached site, please go to to see the latest version of this page.
We welcome comments and inquiries. Please write me.

©, 2007, 2008
Faye Jarvis Moran